Wednesday, June 18, 2008

That Look

Have you ever given in to manipulation? Knowingly, you recognize that you are being manipulated and you decide you will allow it? I confess, I have this malady. You can see why.

Yes, I pick him up. Or crawl in the floor to play with him. Or give him a sip out of my cup of water. Or let him yank on my hair.

It's that look that says, "Mommy, I'm way too precious to resist, so you might as well give up now!" Or even, the look that says, "I've got you where I want you, and you know it and I know it." Or maybe the smile that says, "Am I cute enough now that you'll do what I want?"

On the other hand, this could be just a simple act of devastation. No manipulation, just straight up adorability in action. Yep, I think that's it. And guess what? I'm totally okay with that.


So, all you disadvantaged moms, take heart. You're not alone! Yes, your heart will continue to walk around outside your body, but the good news is...we wouldn't change it for the world!

No comments: